Daily News Egypt

Financial services, real estate companies lead stocks’ trade in May - Daily News Egypt

Advertising Area




Advertising Area



Financial services, real estate companies lead stocks’ trade in May

Value of traded securities during previous month totalled EGP 18.3bn


Dealers are seen at the Egyptian stock exchange market in Cairo. Only seven stocks rose, 156 fell and nine remained unchanged Photo by Mohamed Omar
The financial services, real estate and telecommunications sectors have topped the Egyptian stock market’s list during May in terms of value of stocks traded.
(DNE File Photo)

The financial services, real estate and telecommunications sectors have topped the Egyptian stock market’s list during May in terms of value of stocks traded. They recorded EGP 2.5bn, EGP 2.46bn and EGP 2.16bn, respectively.

A monthly report issued by the Egyptian Stock Exchange (EGX) shows that during the past month, the total value traded reached EGP 18.3bn. The total volume of securities traded recorded 3.83m.

In January 2015, the volume of stocks traded was 2.88bn with a total value of EGP 21.7bn. The following month, the volume of traded stocks declined to 2.72bn, however the value to stocks traded increased to EGP 33.87bn. During March, the volume of stocks traded registered 2.78bn, with a total value of EGP 24.19bn.

“Stocks trading accounted for 6.76% of the total value traded of the main market, while the remaining 33.24% were captured by bonds over the month,” the report said.

The report highlighted that Egyptian investors accounted for 82.73% of the value of stocks traded. It added that foreign investors comprised 11.61%, while the remaining 5.66% were Arabs.

“Non-Arab foreign investors were not sellers, with a net equity of EGP 190.22m, and Arab investors were not buyers, with a net equity of EGP 8.82m, after excluding deals,” the report added.

Institutions dominated the trading this month with 60.47%, while the remaining 39.53% were individuals, the EGX report highlighted. During May, institutions were not stock sellers and had a net equity of around EGP 159.38m.

On the most active companies, Orascom Telecom Media and Technology Holding led the trading value with some EGP 900.2m. It was followed by Qalaa Holding, formerly known as Citadel Capital, with EGP 756.4m, and Global Telecom Holding with EGP 672.6m.

The total value of stocks traded in the first quarter (Q1) of 2015 registered EGP 79.8bn, compared to EGP 64.9bn the preceding quarter. The total volume traded were 8.39bn securities, compared to 12.9bn last quarter.

 

Advertising Area

Advertising Area



https://www.dailynewsegypt.com/2015/06/01/financial-services-real-estate-companies-lead-stocks-trade-in-may/
Breaking News

No current breaking news

Daily News Egypt Android App Available for free download on Google play
View
Daily News Egypt Ios App Available for free download on APP Store
View
Social Media Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com