Palestinian resistance movements to respond positively to any ceasefire agreement in Gaza: Haniyeh

Daily News Egypt
4 Min Read

The head of the Political Bureau of the Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas), Ismail Haniyeh, has stated that Palestinian movements and resistance factions will respond positively to any ceasefire agreement in Gaza. Their approach is based on a comprehensive cessation of aggression, complete withdrawal, and a prisoner exchange.

In another context, Haniyeh said that the continued attacks of settlers in Jerusalem indicate that the city is the focus of the conflict, stressing that the Palestinian people will not rest until the Israeli occupation leaves.

Meanwhile, the Doctors Without Borders organization said on Wednesday that at least 70 deaths and more than 300 wounded had been transferred to Al-Aqsa Hospital since yesterday as a result of the Israeli raids.

The organization added that the situation is horrific and the health system has reached the point of collapse with the insane escalation of violence in several locations in the Gaza Strip.

Moreover, the Ministry of Health in Gaza also announced that the Israeli occupation committed 4 massacres during the past 24 hours, leaving 36 dead and 115 injured, noting that the toll of the Israeli aggression has risen to 36,586 dead and 83,074 injured since October 7.

In response to the Israeli attacks on civilians, the Al-Qassam Brigades, the military wing of Hamas, announced that it targeted an Israeli D9 military bulldozer with a “Yassin 105” shell east of the city of Deir al-Balah in the central Gaza Strip after the Israeli army announced that it had begun a military operation east of Bureij and east of Deir Al-Balah, while continuing its incursion into the city of Rafah, south of the Gaza Strip.

The Al-Qassam Brigades said that it targeted an Israeli Merkava tank with an “Al-Yassin 105” shell east of the city of Deir Al-Balah in the central Gaza Strip.

The Al-Quds Brigades, the military wing of the Islamic Jihad Movement, announced that its fighters engaged in fierce clashes with Israeli army soldiers and vehicles on the frontlines of the advance in the city of Rafah, south of the Gaza Strip.

This came after the occupation army expanded its incursion into Rafah on Wednesday morning, while its military vehicles advanced towards the town of Al-Qarara in the city of Khan Yunis, south of the Gaza Strip, under heavy fire cover.

In the same context, the occupation army admitted that 10 soldiers were injured in the battles of the Gaza Strip in the last 24 hours, bringing the number of its wounded to 3,730 officers and soldiers since the beginning of the war on 7 October, of whom 1,889 were during the ground operations that began on 27 October.

The army reported that 254 officers and soldiers were still being treated after being injured in the Gaza battles, 31 of whom were seriously injured. While the number of deaths in the Israeli army reached 644 officers and soldiers since the beginning of the war.

TAGGED:
Share This Article
Leave a comment