An Ethiopian airstrike killed five people and wounded 37 others in a village in the Tigray region in northern Ethiopia on Friday.
A hospital director said on Twitter that the hospital he runs received five cadavers of people killed in the air strike.
According to Reuters, which did not name the doctor, there were 37 wounded in the raid as well.
There has been no comment from the Ethiopian authorities on the raid so far.
Additionally, the UN Human Rights Council agreed to extend the mandate of the International Committee of Human Rights Experts on Ethiopia, which is concerned with monitoring the war in the African country for a period of one year ending in December 2023.
This comes after the African Union (AU) welcomed the acceptance of the Ethiopian government and the Tigray Front last Thursday to participate in peace talks called for by the union.
At the time, Chairperson of the AU Commission Moussa Faki welcomed the pledge of the two parties to the conflict in Ethiopia to restore peace, pointing out that the talks between the two parties will be held soon in South Africa.
Earlier, EU Foreign Policy Chief Josep Borrell welcomed the commitment of the Ethiopian government and the Tigray Front to participate in the talks called by the AU.
In a tweet, Borrell said that the EU is ready to provide support to the talks between the Ethiopian government and the Tigray Front.
Last Wednesday, the Tigray Front announced its readiness to participate in the negotiations called by the AU, however, it requested clarifications on some issues due to the lack of consultation with it before the invitation was extended.
The front added that it was ready “to participate in the proposed peace talks in South Africa,” and expressed its commitment to “a peaceful solution to the current conflict.”