HDB allocates 2.5% of profits for CSR, of which 75% go to health, education: chairperson

Hossam Mounir
1 Min Read

The Housing and Development Bank (HDB) has allocated 2.5% of its annual profits for corporate social responsibility (CSR), Chairperson and Managing Director of HDB Hassan Ghanem said on Sunday.

About 75% of the bank’s CSR spending are towards the health and education sectors, while the remaining 25% are directed to charitable organisations.

Ghanem opened on Sunday new civil engineering and infrastructure management laboratories at Nile University, fully funded by the bank at a cost of EGP 5.2m.

In gratitude of the HDB’s support, the university presents a scholarship named after the bank for a number of engineering students for five years.

The Nile University President Tarek Khalil said that the bank has become a true and effective partner of the university, and this cooperation sets an example to be followed between leading bodies in CSR and non-profit universities to provide distinguished education.

During the opening ceremony, the former HDB chairperson Fathy Sebaey said the bank always places health and education as top priorities for CSR spending.

Share This Article