Daily News Egypt

Prosecutor general orders investigation over killing of Egyptian citizens in Libya - Daily News Egypt

Advertising Area




Advertising Area



Prosecutor general orders investigation over killing of Egyptian citizens in Libya

Thirteen Egyptians were killed and one was injured in the incident, in addition to another seven who are currently being interrogated by Libyan authorities


Egypt’s Prosecutor General Ahmed Sadek demanded an investigation into the killing of Egyptian citizens in the Libyan city of Beni Walid, according to an official statement released Saturday.

Thirteen Egyptians were killed and one injured in the incident, in addition to another seven who are currently being interrogated by the Libyan authorities, according to the statement.

The Egyptians entered Libyan along with 11 Syrians and two Somalians as illegal immigrants.

Sadek also ordered the international cooperation unit to prepare a memo to be sent to the Libyan prosecution demanding a copy of the current investigations.

The Egyptian Foreign Ministry said last week that it is investigating the possibility of 16 Egyptians being killed in Libya in Beni Walid City, a ministry source told Daily News Egypt.

The Egyptians were purportedly killed after a dispute erupted between them and human traffickers, according to several reports circulated on Egyptian media outlets.

Libya is currently witnessing political unrest due to the spread of militants since the ousting of Muamar Qaddafi.

Topics: libya

Advertising Area

Advertising Area



https://www.dailynewsegypt.com/2016/05/01/prosecutor-general-orders-investigation-over-killing-of-egyptian-citizens-in-libya/
Breaking News

No current breaking news

Subscribe to the Newsletter List Subscribe by clicking on the Subscribe
Subscribe
Daily News Egypt Android App Available for free download on Google play
View
Daily News Egypt Ios App Available for free download on APP Store
View