Daily News Egypt

Cabinet appoints new head of Egyptian Radio and Television Union - Daily News Egypt

Advertising Area




Advertising Area




Cabinet appoints new head of Egyptian Radio and Television Union

Reshuffle speculated to be due to mounting anti-state content


Prime Minister Sherif Ismail issued a decision on Saturday to appoint state TV anchor Safaa Hegazy as the new head of the Egyptian Radio and Television Union (ERTU). This decision thus dismissed Essam Al-Amir from his position as chairman of the ERTU’s Board of Trustees.

According to a press release by the Cxbinet on Sunday, the Board of Trustees has been reshuffled for a two-year term. It includes members from different state institutions, at the top of which is the Grand Mufti Shawqy Allam, in addition to experts in media communication.

Hegazy, who worked as the head of ERTU’s News sector, told state-run Al-Ahram that she was surprised by the decision.

Al-Ahram further noted that Hegazay and Al-Amir had previously been in conflict, after the latter dismissed Hegazy from her position, following which former prime minister Ibrahim Mehleb restored her. Al-Amir was not immediately available for comment, but several local media reports attributed his dismissal to “content which was critical of President Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi”.

Last week, anchor Heba Ezz El-Arab presented a programme entitled “Revolutionaries until the End” (Arabic: Thowar Li Akher Mada) in which she interviewed Medhat El-Zahed, leader of the leftist Socialist Popular Alliance party (SPAP). They discussed the ongoing debate regarding the recently signed maritime demarcation of the two Red Sea islands, Tiran and Sanafir.

SPAP is one of the leading political forces calling for protests on 25 April against the islands’ transfer of sovereignty, as its members established that the islands should not be “ceded” to Saudi Arabia. As so, the broadcast of El-Zahed’s interview was perceived as incitement to protest.

A few months earlier, a problem emerged between Al-Amir and anchor Azza El-Henawy, who was suspended for criticising the state’s handling of a flood crisis back in November 2015.

 

Advertising Area

Advertising Area




  • EGYPTian

    Deputy Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, who is about 30. In his role as defence minister, Prince Mohammed launched Saudi Arabia’s military intervention in Yemen in March 2015. Now, he wants to shake up economic policy.

    Deputy Crown Prince shaikh(Sikh) Mohammed bin Salman, who is about 30, that is the MAD minds which blow the SaudiArbia itself for going to YEMEN&Syria.

    China&USA correctly said that MAD terrorist countries must me stop from their Terrorist activities.

    TerriristCountries Saudi,Uae invadedSyria&Yemen, From Syria 7 Millions killed, 10 millions Migrated to Europe&Asia, from Yemen 1 millions people killed, 3 millions migrated to Europe& Asia.

    TerroristCountries Saudi,Uae want theControl over the GulfStates including the IRAN. Actuall Uae&Oman are part ofIran.

    International CriminalCourt, InternationalMilitaryTribunal observed Saudi&Uae’s shaikhs foundGuilty of WarCrimes in Syria&Yemen.

    WorldPower North Korea,China.USA,UK,Europe,Germany mustBring justice to Saudi&Uae’s shaikhs like SaddamHussain.

    WorldPower NorthKorea,China.USA,UK,Europe,Germany mustSend all refugees to Saudi Arabis&Uae immediately.

https://www.dailynewsegypt.com/2016/04/24/cabinet-appoints-new-radio-television-union-head-2/
Breaking News

No current breaking news

Daily News Egypt Android App Available for free download on Google play
View
Daily News Egypt Ios App Available for free download on APP Store
View