Daily News Egypt

Goodyear celebrates 10 years in Egypt, offers new tyres - Daily News Egypt

Advertising Area




Advertising Area




Goodyear celebrates 10 years in Egypt, offers new tyres

Egyptian market consumes 5m tyres per year, says regional General Manager


Jean-Denis Perche, General Manager of Goodyear Middle East and Africa (DNE Photo )
Jean-Denis Perche, General Manager of Goodyear Middle East and Africa
(DNE Photo )

By Ahmed Amer

Jean-Denis Perche, General Manager of Goodyear Middle East and Africa, announced the launch of the new Goodyear Eagle Sport tyres, their newest model, in the Egyptian market. Speaking on the margins of the company’s celebrations of 10 years since it entered the Egyptian market, Perche said the Egyptian market consumes more than 5m tyres annually.

Today, Goodyear celebrates 10 years in the Egyptian market by presenting the new tyre, so what is it?

Indeed, we are presenting a new tyre. In celebration of 10 years in the Egyptian market, Goodyear presents its new tyre, the Eagle Sport, which is one of the most important tyres offered globally.

What makes this tyre better than others?

These tyres were designed to enjoy better endurance and thus increase the lifespan of the tyre. Goodyear’s market researchers are constantly encouraging the company’s engineers and scientists, urging them to devise innovative tyre solutions that meet customer requirements and help in the management of future societal challenges. The performance of “Eagle Sport” tyres exceeds that of the previous model, in terms of the total distance it can cover in addition to control advantages. The deeper grooves in its design give the tyre better fluency on wet roads and better steering on dry ones. The design of Goodyear’s Eagle Sport tyre provides perfect cohesion power in addition to wear and tear resistance. Goodyear’s Eagle Sport tyres come in 10 different sizes designed for wheels measuring 14 to 16 inches. Goodyear’s Eagle Sport tyres are expected to provide more comfort and control on Egyptian roads, especially for vehicles of medium tyres.

When will it be available at Goodyear’s tyre outlets in Egypt?

Goodyear’s Eagle Sport tyres could be purchased starting May 2015 in the Egyptian Tyre Company (ETC) and Goodyear’s authorised distributors’ network in Egypt.

Do you expect the new tyre to achieve high sales in the Egyptian market?

Goodyear’s Eagle Sport tyres were in high demand in countries where they were introduced; this is mainly due to the tyres’ design, which gives more endurance. Given the high value offered by tyres, we are confident of its success in the Egyptian market. Goodyear’s Eagle Sport tyres are expected to provide more comfort and control on Egyptian roads, especially for vehicles of medium tyres. Goodyear’s Eagle Sport tyres rise to the needs of the Egyptian consumer, thanks to its design that suits driving conditions on Egyptian roads.

Is Egypt considered a high tyre consuming market?

The Egyptian market is one of the most important markets in the Middle East and Africa, as it is a rich and consuming market and is one of the most important three markets in the region. The Saudi market occupies first place in the Middle East then the Pakistani market in second place, and then comes the Egyptian market in third place as the largest tyre consuming markets in the Middle East and Africa.

What’s the rate of tyre consumption in Egypt?

We believe the Egyptian market to be one of the most important markets in the region as it consumes 5m tyres per year – 40% of the tyres are for trucks and busses, while the remaining 60% is considered the consumption of personal cars.

Does Goodyear have the desire to build a tyre factory in Egypt?

Goodyear cares about the Egyptian market, but is not currently in need for manufacturing in Egypt, as the company owns more than 50 tyre factories around the world, which gives it the advantage of meeting all markets’ needs.

What are your most significant expansions in the region, particularly Egypt?

We are already working to increase our services to our customers in the region. Goodyear operates in cooperation with its Egyptian agent, which is the Egyptian tyre company ETC, to provide new services to our customers and increase sales outlets for Goodyear tyres in all parts of Egypt.

 

https://www.dailynewsegypt.com/2015/05/11/goodyear-celebrates-10-years-in-egypt-offers-new-tyres/
Breaking News

No current breaking news

Receive our daily newsletter
Subscribe