- 3 medium cucumbers, sliced – khi-ar
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced – ta-ma-tam
- 4 chicken breasts – so-door fi-rakh
- 1 large red pepper, cut in strips – fil-fil ah-mar
- 1 bunch fresh coriander – koz-ba-ra
- 1 bunch rocket – gar-geer
- 4 spring onions, sliced – ba-sal akh-dar
- 1/4 cup vinegar – khal
- 1 large onion, grated – ba-sal
- 1 tsp garlic powder – bo-dra toom
- 2 tbsp lemon juice – a-seer la-moon-a
- salt and pepper – malh and fil-fil
- Remove all fat from the chicken and wash it well. Marinate the chicken with grated onions, garlic powder, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Leave to marinate for at least one hour.
- Grill the chicken until done. Let it cool, cut into medium strips and set aside.
- Cut the rocket and coriander into large pieces and put in a salad bowl. Add the red pepper, cucumbers, tomatoes and spring onions and mix well. Season with salt, pepper and vinegar and stir well.
- Arrange chicken pieces on top and serve.
- Instead of grilled chicken, boiled chicken can be used.
- Left over chicken can be used in this recipe, make sure to remove all skin and fat. Using chicken breasts is preferable to ensure the recipe is low calorie.