According to reports in the Tripoli Post, a riot and gun battles broke out in Al-Fornaj prison in Tripoli. During the fighting, eight prisoners escaped custody. There were also six casualties and one prisoner was killed. The riot started when a vehicle showed up outside the prison and opened fire on the guards, seemingly in coordination with the prisoners’ actions inside Al-Fornaj. The inmates had previously complained about being held without trial. The incident adds to the list of security concerns for the new General National Congress that took over power on Wednesday.
- Opinion| Neocolonial scramble for Africa
- Dell Technologies Forum to showcase solutions that optimize organizations’ readiness for digital future
- Real estate funds are opportunity to attract foreign investments to Egyptian market
- Melee officially enters Egypt’s real estate market
- Egyptian start-up Sigma-Fit showcases space clothing technology at IAC conference
No comments to show.