Egypt’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs condemned on Monday the attack carried out by Israeli forces on the occupied West Bank city of Jenin on Monday morning, and the accompanying air bombardments and shootings against civilians, which resulted in 4 dead and 62 injuries so far.
The statement affirmed Egypt’s total rejection of this aggression, which is contrary to all provisions of international law and international legitimacy decisions, warning of the dangers of continued escalation against the Palestinian people. It noted that such attacks only inflame the situation and threaten to spiral out of control and undermine efforts to reduce tension in the occupied territories.
Israeli forces killed four Palestinians, including a minor, and wounded 62 others on Monday morning during the Israeli army’s storming of Jenin and its refugee camp in the occupied West Bank. The Israeli army confirmed the bombardment of the area by military helicopters, while Israeli media reported that the Israeli army started a new rescue operation to get its forces out of Jenin after they were ambushed.
The Israeli army confirmed that helicopter gunships shelled the Jenin area on Monday with missiles during a large raid in the Jenin refugee camp in the north of the occupied West Bank, and violent clashes broke out with Palestinian militants.
For his part, Presidential spokesman Nabil Abu Rudeineh said that the continuous massacres committed by the occupation government against Palestinian people, the latest of which was in the city of Jenin and its camp, which resulted in the killing of four Palestinians, including a child, while 62 others were wounded, 10 of them in critical condition, are attempts to detonate the area and drag it to a vicious cycle of violence.
Abu Rudeineh said that the current situation cannot continue, and the international community and the US administration in particular, must intervene to immediately stop this Israeli madness.
“The international silence is what encourages the occupation government to continue its crimes and wage an all-out war against our Palestinian people, their land and their sanctities,” he added.
The presidential spokesman said that Israel bears responsibility for thwarting all Arab and international efforts that have been made recently to prevent escalation and tension.
He stressed that the ongoing Israeli aggression against Palestinian people will not discourage them from continuing their legitimate struggle until achieving their aspirations for liberation and the establishment of their independent state with East Jerusalem as its capital.
In the same context, Palestine’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs strongly condemned the recent Israeli aggression on the city of Jenin and its camp.
The Ministry in a statement calls for a firm international and American stance that rises to the level of what Palestinian people are exposed to in terms of settler violence, crimes of persecution, repression and abuse. It demanded to take the necessary measures in order to force the occupying state to stop unilateral measures and to fulfill its obligations as an occupying power, and to abide by the signed agreements and understandings.
The general secretariat of the league of Arab states condemned in the strongest terms the widespread and continuous Israeli aggression against the city of Jenin and its camp and the crimes committed by the occupation army.
Assistant Secretary-General Saeed Abu Ali said in a statement on Monday that this aggression against Jenin comes as a continuation and escalation of the Israeli aggression and the open war waged by the occupation authorities against the Palestinian people, their land, holy sites, life resources and national and Human Rights is a challenge to the will of society and undermines any horizon for the chances of achieving peace.
The Arab League has condemned in the strongest terms the widespread and continuing Israeli aggression against the city of Jenin and its camp and the crimes committed by the occupying army.
Assistant Secretary-General of the Arab League Said Abu Ali said in a statement on Monday that this aggression on Jenin comes as a continuation and escalation of the Israeli aggression and the open war that the occupation authorities are waging on the Palestinian people, their land, sanctities, resources and national and human rights is a challenge to the will of the society and undermining any prospect of achieving peace.
The Arab League affirmed that the Israeli government bears the consequences and repercussions of this fierce and comprehensive aggression on the Palestinian people and this continued persistence in committing more crimes, including settlement crimes and settler terrorism.
It called on the international community to take immediate action to counter the attempts of the Israeli government to plunge the region into chaos and violence.
The League also stresses the need to provide international protection to the Palestinian people, their property and their holy sites in accordance with the relevant resolutions of international legitimacy and to move towards their effective implementation
That should be done by the international community and the Security Council exercising their prerogatives and shouldering their responsibilities and by binding the occupying Power to its decisions, which should be urgently implemented.
“It should put an end to the situation of incompetence and double standards that encourage the occupying Power to continue and escalate its aggression,” the statement concluded.