Warning: touch(): Unable to create file /home/newdaily/newdaily/public_html/web/app/cache/wp-rocket/www.dailynewsegypt.com/2015/10/11/fawry-launches-app-to-provide-governmental-services-through-smartphones/.mobile-active because No such file or directory in /home/newdaily/newdaily/public_html/web/app/plugins/wp-rocket/inc/front/process.php on line 184

Strict Standards: Static function ILAB\MediaCloud\Tasks\BackgroundProcess::cancelAll() should not be abstract in /home/newdaily/newdaily/public_html/web/app/plugins/ilab-media-tools/classes/Tasks/BackgroundProcess.php on line 526
Fawry launches app to provide governmental services through smartphones – Daily News Egypt
Daily News Egypt

» Fawry launches app to provide governmental services through smartphones

Advertising Area




Advertising Area



Fawry launches app to provide governmental services through smartphones

Service to be activated in the next month, with studies conducted to provide credit services for smart electricity metres


By Mohamed Alaa El Din

An application named Hokomti (My Government) will be launched in November, providing governmental services through smartphones, said CEO of Fawry Banking and Payment Technology Services, Ashraf Sabry.

The application, designed by Fawry and launched in cooperation with the Ministry of Planning, aims at providing a number of governmental services demanded by citizens daily through smartphones. This is expected to speed up services for citizens.

Among the most prominent services provided by the application are cars license services, paying electricity and water bills, as well as paying Internet and land-line bills.

Further, Sabry revealed that Fawry provides its services through 50,000 devices, spread across the country. He added that the company is currently negotiating with the electricity companies to provide credit cards services for smart electricity meters.

Fawry is participating in the ‘Innovation in Government’ conference taking place in Cairo on 11 October.

Fawry Banking and Payment Technology Services was established in 2010. The company plans to pump approximately EGP 15m in the final quarter of this year until June 2016 to enhance and develop its service performance, and expand the payment services the company provides.

Fawry provides payment solutions for the three mobile operators- Vodafone, Mobinil, and Etisalat, in addition to the electricity companies in Egypt. The company also provides payment solutions to nine companies in the water and sewage sector, in addition to the traffic department through allowing the payment of fines online, as well as the renewal of licences. Moreover, the company cooperates with the majority of the private and public banks operating in the Egyptian market.

The daily electronic financial transactions in Egypt do not exceed 10% out of the total financial transactions, while they are expected to range from 50% to 60% at minimum, in accordance with international indicators.

Topics: Fawry smartphones

Advertising Area

Advertising Area



https://www.dailynewsegypt.com/2015/10/11/fawry-launches-app-to-provide-governmental-services-through-smartphones/
Breaking News

No current breaking news

Subscribe to the Newsletter List Subscribe by clicking on the Subscribe
Subscribe