- 3 boneless chicken breasts, boiled – so-door fe-rakh
- 2 egg yolk – sa-far el beid
- 1 ½ cup mushrooms, sliced – esh el gho-rab
- 2 ½ cups milk – la-ban
- 5 tbsp butter – zeb-da
- 4 tbsp cheddar cheese, shredded – gib-na ched-dar
- 1 ¼ cup flour – de-‘ee’
- 2 eggs – beid
- salt and pepper malh and fel-fel
Preparing the crêpe
- Use a whisk to mix 1 ¼ cup of the milk with 1 cup of the flour and the eggs.
- Heat 1 tsp of butter in a medium non-stick skillet on medium heat. Pour ½ cup of the mixture in the pan and move the pan in a circular motion to covering the bottom of the pan.
- Bake the crêpe for 2-4 minutes until the bottom is golden.
- Flip the crêpe to bake the other side. Repeat the steps to make other crêpes.
Prepare the filling
- Heat 1 tbsp of butter in a skillet on medium heat and add the mushrooms. Stir for 3-5 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Cut the chicken into small pieces and set aside.
- Heat and stir ¼ cup of flour and 2 tbsp of butter together in a medium deep pan until golden.
- Add 1 cup of milk, salt and pepper, stirring constantly until mixture starts boiling.
- Add the mushrooms and chicken and continue stirring for another 5 minutes.
- Spoon 3 tbsp of chicken filling on one side of each crêpe and fold the other side over. Place the crêpe in a baking dish.
- Mix the egg yolks with 2 tbsp of milk and use a cooking brush to brush the crêpes with the sauce. Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Heat the oven to 180C and place the crêpes in the oven for 10 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve immediately.