We can thank Amina Khalil, the young female designer behind the self-named brand Amina K., for Egypt’s first eyewear brand. Over 70 sunglasses models have been designed in collaboration with Egyptian eyewear store Baraka, catering to every possible face shape and style inclination that one might have towards the most important summer accessory of them all.
Having been approached by Baraka, Khalil focused her efforts on reinterpreting classic styles to create shades with softer curves and silhouettes. Jackie O-esque big shades to hide demurely behind and not so angular Wayfarers are all part of the collection, 30 percent of which was designed to be unisex. The line has been produced in Italy.
“I will always be inspired by and dedicated to Egypt,” says Khalil whose brand plays with Egyptian textiles and ethnic styles. The sunglasses come in a variety of shades and colors playing with subtle, or sometimes quirky, color contrasts.
Each pair of sunglasses has the Amina K. brand logo on one arm and an Egyptian eagle insignia on the other, reminding onlookers that Egyptians just got a little bit more stylish for the summer.
Prices for the sunglasses range from LE 600 to LE 700 and are available on www.style-treasure.com, in all Amina K. outlets and in all Baraka outlets.
Amina K. branches:
24 El Thawra Street, Mohandiseen, Giza, Egypt.
Del Corte Mall, Hacienda, North Coast.
• 159, 26 July St. Zamalek, Cairo
• Nile City, Cairo
• Dandy Mall, Km 28, Cairo Alex Desert Rd., Giza
• Del Corte Mall, Hacienda, North Coast
• Porto Marina, Marina, North Coast
• Il Mercatto, Umm El Sid Hill, Sharm El Sheikh
Baraka People Branches
• Beymen, 1089 Corniche El Nil
Inside Four Seasons Cairo At Nile Plaza Hotel
Garden City, Cairo
• First Mall, 35 Giza St., Giza
• Korba, 7 Abul Houl St., El Korba, Heliopolis, Cairo
• 8 Lebanon St., Mohandiseen, Cairo
• City Stars, Omar Ibn El Khattab St., Shop #117, Heliopolis, Cairo