CAIRO: Ittihad chairman Mohamed Moselhi said on Sunday that Olympique Lyon should table a ?2 million bid if they are to sign Egypt forward Mohamed “Gedo Nagi.
The Alexandria-based club revealed earlier this month that Lyon enquired about the availability of Gedo.
He is believed to have attracted a host of suitors after finishing as the African Cup of Nations top scorer with five goals, despite not starting any game, to help Egypt win a third consecutive title.
Lyon want Gedo to undergo a medical although they are yet to table a concrete offer for him, Moselhi told FilGoal.com.
We can t allow him to travel to Lyon unless the French club make their offer.
They have to meet our ?2 million asking offer if they want to sign him in the summer.
Gedo is embroiled in controversy after signing a deal to join Zamalek next season before extending his contract with Ittihad.
Zamalek are likely to be involved in a dispute with the Egyptian Football Association, who said that Gedo should remain an Ittihad player.
The 25-year-old, who admitted signing for Zamalek but said he changed his mind later, pleaded with the Cairo club not to take a legal action against him.