CAIRO: Zamalek completed the loan signing of Mido from Middlesbrough, the Cairo giants announced on Saturday.
The club have finalized the deal, Zamalek spokesman Sabri Serag said on the club s official website.
Egypt striker Amr Zaki will also stay at Zamalek next season, the club confirmed on Saturday.
Zamalek announced on Friday that they signed Mido on a season-long loan from Middlesbrough for LE 4 million, with a view to a permanent move should they pay the club £1 million next summer.
However, the towering striker said later in the day that the White Knights were yet to reach a final agreement with Boro over his transfer.
But now the matter has been finally settled, Zamalek said.
The player will arrive in Cairo on Sunday afternoon and will immediately join the team s training, Serag added.
Mido, who came through Zamalek s youth ranks, returns to his boyhood club after spending 10 years in Europe.
The 26-year-old played for Gent, Ajax Amsterdam, Celta Vigo, Marseille and Roma before joining Tottenham Hotspur in the Premier League.
He experienced mixed fortunes at Spurs before moving to Gareth Southgate s Middlesbrough, where he failed to establish himself as a regular first-team player.
The club s relegation to the second division left Mido with no choice but to eye a new move. A return to Egypt appealed to him.
I believe a return to Zamalek will give me the chance to earn an Egypt call-up, he told Al-Hayat TV.
(Coach) Hassan Shehata phoned me and said he considered recalling me to the national team s squad. Playing on a regular basis will help me a lot.
Mido spent the second half of last season on loan at Wigan Athletic, where he partnered compatriot Amr Zaki upfront for several games.
He will now team up with the Bulldozer again.
I asked (Chairman) Mr. Mamdouh Abbas to keep Zaki at Zamalek. I wish to play with him because we can form the most potent attack in the Egyptian League, Mido added.
The Bulldozer, who spent last season on loan at Wigan Athletic, returned to Zamalek after the Latics opted against signing him on a permanent basis.
He made no secret of his desire to continue his European adventure but it seems he will not be able to do so.
We can confirm that Zaki will be with us next season, Zamalek spokesman Sabri Serag told FilGoal.com.
There were no suitable bids for him. None of the interested clubs managed to meet our requirements.
Spanish side Malaga had a ?2 million offer for Zaki turned down by the Cairo giants recently.
Chairman Mamdouh Abbas is anticipating a formidable Zamalek frontline following the arrival of Mido.
I m delighted that we were able to sign Mido. He will be a valuable addition to our squad, Abbas told Zamalek s official website on Sunday.
Mido, along with Zaki and (playmaker) Shikabala, will be a fearsome trio upfront. They are proven goal-scorers who can break down any defense.
Zamalek relied on strike duo Sherif Ashraf and Abdul-Halim Ali last season but neither was able to impress.
Ashraf s inconsistent displays were no help while the wastefulness of Ali, who retired last month to become Zamalek s assistant coach, landed him in hot water with the fans.