AFP- An Egyptian child reacts after receiving drops of anti polio vaccine during a three-day national immunisation initiative coordinated by the World Health Organization, the Egyptian Health Ministry and the Egyptian Rotary Club on 18 November in Cairo. The World Health Organization recently confirmed 10 cases of polio in children in Syria and there are currently more than 125,000 Syrian refugees living in Egypt. As a result, health workers are moving to vaccinate nearly 8 million children in the region, including Egypt, to prevent an outbreak of the crippling disease throughout the Middle East.
The day of the vaccine
Children all over Egypt and the Middle East get vaccinated against polio
- What are the forces that underpin Al-Sisi’s management of the country?
- Smartphones to make 32% of all Egyptian mobile sales by 2016: SONY
- 17 Morsi supporters sentenced to life imprisonment
- Former Mubarak industry minister sentenced to 15 years
- Ministries of Housing, Industry to settle with 1,250 New Cairo factories to resume work
- Finance ministry announces issuance of EGP 14.2bn for settlement of insurance indebtedness agreement
- Businessmen want Wealth Tax to be paid in kind; government wants cash payment
- Al-Sisi amends Property Tax Law to exempt owning EGP 2m in one unit
- Daily News Egypt
- Shell Lubricants to reach competitive market share in Egypt by year’s end: Managing Director
- Arab Contractors to significantly expand Egyptian and Saudi operations: Chairman
- Egypt has considerable problems in its penal institutions: Nasser Amin
Tag CloudAl-sisi army Business cairo Clashes constitution court Culture daily Daily News Daily News Egypt DNE Economy egypt egypt news elections Gaza human rights iran Israel law libya military Mohamed Morsi morsi Morsy Mubarak Muslim Brotherhood news opinion Palestine police politics protest protests revolution security Sinai Syria tourism Trial Turkey UN US violence