Eid Al Adha will be celebrated this month which traditionally involves eating lots of meat. Bites Fil Beit will bring you several delicious and traditional recipes to prepare meat Egyptian style.
Kabab bel mokasarat we nana – Meat with nuts and mint
- 1 kg lamb or veal – kha-roofor lah-ma
- ¼ cup corn oil – zeit dor-a
- 1 tsp curry powder – ka-ry
- 2 tsp ginger, grated – gan-za-beel
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed or chopped – tom
- 1/3 cup fresh mint, chopped – na-na
- 1 tbsp grated lemon peel – ishr la-moon
- ¾ cup pistachios – fos-do’
- 1 tbsp meat spices – bo-ha-rat lah-ma
- salt and pepper – malh and fil-fil
- Cut the meat in medium sized cubes.
- Crush nuts in small pieces, but do not grind it into flour.
- Mix curry powder, lemon peel, ginger, oil, mint, meat spices, garlic and a little salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Dip the meat cubes in the mixture and refrigerate for three hours in case of veal and four to five hours in case of lamb.
- Place the cubes on skewers, use four cubes per skewer.
- Put the crushed nuts on a flat plate and roll the kabab skewers over the pistachios to coat the meat cubes on all sides.
- Grill the kabab on the stove or a barbeque, turning the skewers occasionally to ensure the meat is cooked from all sides. Serve immediately.