Samak be khodar – fish with vegetables
- ½ kg fish fillet – sa-mak fi-let
- 2 medium carrots, cubed – gaz-zar
- 2 small green peppers, cubed – fil-fil akh-dar
- 2 medium tomatoes, cubed – ta-ma-tam
- 2 medium onions, chopped – ba-sal
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped – ka-rafs
- 3 stalks of fresh dill, chopped – sha-bat
- 3 stalks of parsley, chopped – bar-doo-nis
- 1 tsp garlic, chopped – toom
- 1 tsp cumin – ka-moon
- 2 tbsp lemon juice – a-seer la-moo-na
- salt and pepper – malh and fil-fil
- Mix the garlic, cumin, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the fish and leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 180-200C. Place the fish filets in a non-stick metal baking pan. Mix the onion, carrot, green pepper, one tomato, celery, parsley and dill and toss it over the fish.
- Cover the baking pan with aluminum foil. Place the baking pan in the oven and bake until the fish is cooked, check the fish to make sure it is done. Fold back the foil and bake for three more minutes to brown the fish lightly. Serve immediately.
Serve a large green salad with the fish to complement the meal.