Nuseirat massacre: Civilian areas turned into battlefronts amidst heavy casualties

Daily News Egypt
4 Min Read

The media office in Gaza reported that during the Nuseirat massacre, the Israeli military deployed two civilian vehicles and engaged multiple combat platforms, including warplanes, helicopters, and tanks across four fronts. The operation resulted in the loss of 274 civilian Palestinians.

 

The operation transformed the courtyards and internal pathways of the Nuseirat refugee camp into a conflict zone this past Saturday. This escalation was marked by concurrent air raids, artillery shelling, and the incursion of special forces.

 

The US Central Command denied on Saturday evening the use of the Gaza floating port in the Israeli occupation army’s operation to recover four prisoners held by the Palestinian resistance, in which an American cell participated.

 

On Sunday, the Ministry of Health in Gaza announced that the Israeli occupation committed eight massacres against families in the Gaza Strip, of which 283 dead and 814 wounded arrived at hospitals during the past 24 hours.

 

It pointed out that the toll of the occupation massacre in the Nuseirat camp has so far reached 274 dead and 698 wounded, including those in critical condition, and indicated that the toll of the Israeli aggression has risen to 37,084 dead and 84,494 wounded since the seventh of October.

 

The Ministry of Health in Gaza called on the international community and its relief institutions to provide electricity generators to hospitals in the Gaza Strip.

 

Since the start of its war on Gaza on 7 October, Israeli forces have targeted medical facilities and hospitals in various areas of the Strip with systematic and continuous attacks, destroying the health system, a humanitarian catastrophe, and the deterioration of the infrastructure.

 

For his part, the head of the political bureau of the Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas), Ismail Haniyeh, said that the Nuseirat massacre confirms the correctness of the movement’s position that any agreement must include a permanent cessation of aggression and a complete withdrawal from the Gaza Strip.

 

In conjunction with the aggression against Gaza, on Sunday settlers stormed the courtyards of the Al-Aqsa Mosque in the occupied city of Jerusalem, under the protection of the Israeli occupation police.

 

The Palestinian News Agency, citing eyewitnesses, reported that these settlers stormed Al-Aqsa in groups, from the direction of the Mughariba Gate, carried out provocative rounds and performed Talmudic rituals in its courtyards.

 

The occupation police also tightened their military measures at the gates of the Old City and Al-Aqsa Mosque.

 

It is noteworthy that the pace of colonists’ and extremists’ incursions into Al-Aqsa Mosque in occupied Jerusalem has increased significantly since the start of the Israeli aggression on the Gaza Strip.

 

In response to the Israeli attacks, the Al-Quds Brigades – the military wing of Islamic Jihad – announced that its fighters again bombed the Sufa military site with a missile salvo, in conjunction with the Al-Qassam Brigades, the military wing of Hamas.

 

The Al-Quds Brigades said that they bombed with mortar shells Israeli forces and vehicles penetrating the Yabna camp, south of the city of Rafah.

 

Moreover, the Al-Qassam Brigades also announced in two separate leaflets that the Israeli occupation forces stationed west of the Tal al-Sultan neighbourhood in the city of Rafah, south of the Gaza Strip, were targeted with heavy-calibre mortar shells, and a Zionist soldier was sniped in the Tal Za’rob area, west of the city.

Share This Article
Leave a comment