The family of the Egyptian engineer Tarek Al-Henawy, who was killed, demanded on Monday that the Egyptian government not release the Italian tourist accused of beating Al-Henawy to death and ban him from leaving the country.
The daughter of the engineer, Hadeer Al-Henawy, told Daily News Egypt Monday that if the government allowed the Italian to leave Egypt, her family will sue the government and will take all legal measures to sue the suspect in his country.
On Sunday, the Red Sea Court released the Italian tourist on bail of EGP 100,000 pending investigations. The same court had renewed the custody of the Italian citizen for 15 days under investigation last August.
The Italian tourist was arrested a month ago and accused of beating the Egyptian national to death in Marsa Alam in the Red Sea governorate after the victim prevented him from swimming in an under-construction resort in which Al-Henawy was the supervisor.
Previously, the forensic medicine report results pointed out that the victim died because of the beating received by the suspect, the lawyer of the victim, Samir Sabry, told Daily News Egypt.
Sabry previously stated that Article No. 1 of the law, which was issued by President Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi in November 2014, does not apply in this case because the suspect is accused of murder.
The article gives the president of the state the right to hand over foreign defendants to their countries in accordance with the high benefit of the state after being interrogated by the prosecution and after the agreement of the cabinet.