SunCity Mall Invests EGP 40 Million in Facility Development in 2015

Daily News Egypt
3 Min Read

SunCity Mall, owned and managed by Cairo-based HNS Group, undertook a series of facility development initiatives in 2015, focusing on expanding the mall’s entertainment and business-related offerings to meet growing demand.

“At SunCity, we believe in the Egyptian economy and strength of the retail sector,” said director of finance at HNS Group Hamdi Soufraki. “We’ve been diligently working to expand our entertainment and retail offerings to our valued guests, ensuring their time at SunCity Mall is even more fun and family-oriented than ever before.”

Over the past 10 years, the emergence of a relatively more financially-comfortable middle class has transformed the way Egyptians shop. According to GAFI, by 2018, more than 72% of households are expected to be in the middle-income bracket, which represents a key demographic for increased future household spending.

The extension of Fun Kingdom is now 80% operational and is open to public. The remaining 20% is expected to be open to the public in the coming months. Both the ice rink and the fun slide are fully operational and open all year round.

The Atrium Conference Centre is a multipurpose venue for business meetings, weddings, parties or events of any kind. Equipped with complete facilities and amenities and off-site catering, the centre can host a total of 200 guests in the Round Room, the main function room, as well as multiple state-of-the-art board rooms featuring the latest technology in audio-visual equipment that accommodates up to 30 attendees.

In addition to the entertainment facilities, SunCity Mall also welcomed two new Turkish retail stores in 2015: Collezione and Pixi. These well-known Turkish brands offer trendy, fresh casual and active wear for men and women. Collezione chose SunCity as the location for their first store in the Middle East and North Africa, opening the shop in September 2015, with another planned for Mohandessin, in March 2016. Both Pixi and Collezione operate under a company called W International which plans on franchising new brands in 2016 and has aggressive plans for Collezione specifically. SunCity Mall looks forward to bringing more exciting retail options to the Egyptian market in 2016.

Share This Article
Leave a comment