- 1/2 kg carrots, shredded – ga-zar
- 3 eggs – beid
- 3 tbsp milk – la-ban
- 1 pack vanilla sugar – va-nil-ya
- 1 pack baking powder – ba-king pow-der
- 1 cup sugar – sok-kar
- 2 cups flour – de’-‘ee
- 1/2 tsp salt – malh
- 250 g butter, softened – zeb-da
- Heat the oven to 180C.
- Add the butter, milk, sugar, eggs and vanilla to a bowl and mix well for 3-5 minutes with an electric mixer.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt and add them to the mixture. Mix slowly until everything is mixed well.
- Slowly add the grated carrots into the batter using a wooden spoon.
- Pour the batter in a buttered non-stick baking pan and place on the oven’s middle shelf.
- Bake the cake for 1 ½ hours, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and leave the cake to cool for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and place on a serving plate.
- Do not open the door of the oven during the first 30 minutes after placing the cake inside to allow the cake to rise and increase in volume.
- Depending on taste grated orange peel, cinnamon or chopped walnuts can be added.
- ¾ cup of corn oil can be substituted for the butter.