- Al-Jama’a Al-Islamiya announces 11 rallies to support President Morsi across the country
- Office Manager of Military spokesperson denies Al-Sisi headed a SCAF meeting
- Resignations of presidency and cabinet spokesmen confirmed
- Secretary General of the Arab League Nabil El-Araby said in a statement that the free will of the Egyptian people must be answered and called on all those siding with the will of the people to “bring about the desired change”.
- Former Prosecutor General Abdel Meguid Mahmoud vows to the Egyptian public that he will not let go of their rights in a press conference in the Judges Club.
- Cabinet release statement saying Prime Minister Hisham Qandil will present its recommendations to the President to solve the current political crisis.
- The Muslim Brotherhood alleges opposition protesters at Tahrir Square and the Presidential Palace are likely to get attacked; denies it has anything to do with attacks.
- Statement confirmed resignations submitted by 5 ministers (Foreign Affairs, Tourism, Environment, Communications and Legal affairs). Qandil yet to decide on resignations.
- The Muslim Brotherhood alleges opposition protesters at Tahrir Square and the Ithadiya presidential palace are likely to get attacks; denies it has anything to do with attacks.
- Court of Cassation ruled for the reinstatement of the former Prosecutor General Abdel-Meguid Mahmoud.
- Supporters of President Mohamed Morsi gather in front of Cairo University for a rally calling for the protection of the president’s legitimacy. Numbers in the demonstration continued growing going into Tuesday afternoon.
- Islamist National Coalition to Preserve Legitimacy rallies Morsi supporters to take to the streets to protect the president’s legitimacy.
- The Ministry of Interior vows not to disappoint the crowds who took to the streets to express their opinions in a manner which “impressed” the world; supports Armed Forces’ statement.
- Angry crowds set Freedom and Justice Part headquarters in Assiut ablaze after the death of three protesters in clashes with President’s supporters.