Soup: Potato soup with cream
Salad: Chicken salad with honey and mustard
Main course: Turkey with vine leaves
Stuffed zucchini with meat
Chicken kofta with rice
Dessert: Lemon fingers with white chocolate
- ½ kilo turkey breast – so-door roo-my
- 2 kilo stuffed vine leaves, cold – wa-ra’a ain-nab
- salt and pepper – malh and fel-fel
- 3 tbs thyme – za-tar
- 2 tbs sumac – sa-ma’
- Cut the turkey breast lengthwise with a sharp knife, opening it up like a sandwich. Place the turkey between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound lightly to make the turkey meat thinner. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the stuffed vine leaves inside the turkey and wrap the meat around it forming a cylinder.
- Wrap the meat cylinder in plastic wrap and close the two ends. Repeat with a sheet of aluminium foil.
- Steam the wrapped turkey until done and leave to cool. Remove the aluminum foil and plastic wrap and cut the breast into two pieces.
- Pour the thyme and the sumac on two separate plates. Lightly roll one piece in the thyme until the turkey is covered and repeat the process with the second piece using sumac.
- Cut both pieces into small slices and place on serving dish.