Sedat Bugday joined Kempinski Hotel Soma Bay as executive chef. A Turkish national, he studied at the Educational Institute of AH&MA. Prior the Kempinski, Sedat was the executive chef at Cratos Premium Hotel in Cyprus and Rotana hotels in Dubai and Erbil.
Moreover he was part of the opening team of Mardan Palace Luxury Resort in Antalya and worked in several Hilton hotels around the world for seven years. Bugday worked for more than six years for Starwood hotels as well as the Sheraton Miramar El Gouna in Egypt and gained much experience in Middle East and Africa.
To celebrate his new position chef Bugday shares the recipe of his signature dish:
Fresh Sea bass from the Red Sea topped with olive crust
- 200 gram sea bass fillet
- 50 ml olive oil
- 200 ml veal sauce
- 120 gr fresh asparagus
- 100 gr sweet potato
- 10 gr mushroom
- 5 gr salt
- 3 gr black pepper
- 3 gr fresh thyme
- 20 gr breadcrumbs
- 20 gr butter
- 10 gr black butter
- 100 ml balsamic vinegar
Preparation of sea bass
- Centre cut fish fillet.
- Marinate fish fillet with olive oil, thyme, salt and peppercorns.
- Sear fish fillet and cook until 50% done.
- Gratin and cook sea bass fillet with breadcrumbs, olive and butter in the oven at 180C.
- Blanch asparagus and toss in butter.
- Slice sweet potato and grill.
- Boil and reduce veal sauce to half quantity.
- Boil balsamic until 80% reduced.
- Light charcoal and put in a small dish, add wood and herbs.
- Place small dish in glass to produce smoke.
- Place fish on top of sweet potato, put glass with smoke on the fish and keep it like this until being served.
- Draw a line with balsamic reduction on a plate.
- Add the asparagus, cherry tomato and mushroom with sauce.
- Add foam with truffle oil on mushroom and sauce.