‘Eysh bel tom - Garlic bread
- 1 large French bread (baguette) – ‘eysh fran-sa-wy
- 5 tsp butter – zeb-da
- 2 tsp olive oil – zeit za-toon
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed – tom
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated – mod-za-rel-a
- 2 tsp fresh parsley and thyme, chopped – ba’-doon-is and zaa-tar
- Preheat the oven at 175 degrees.
- Melt the butter with the crushed garlic in a bowl in the microwave for two minutes.
- Add the olive oil, parsley and thyme to the butter mixture.
- Cut the bread horizontally into thick round slices. Spread one to two teaspoons of the garlic mixture on each slice.
- Place the bread slices on a baking sheet and bake in the oven until crispy, around five minutes.
- When the bread slices are golden brown remove from the oven and sprinkle with cheese and insert them back in the oven.
- Remove from the oven when the cheese has melted completely and serve immediately.