- 3 zucchini, cubed – koo-sa
- 3 medium size eggplants, peeled and cubed – be-tin-gan
- 3 medium size potatoes, peeled and cubed – ba-ta-tas
- 3 medium size carrots, peeled and cubed – ga-zar
- 1 cup green beans – fa-soo-li-a khad-ra
- 1 cup tomato juice – a-sir ta-ma-tam
- 1 cup chicken or meat broth – ma-ra-a firakh or lah-ma
- 2 tbsp ghee or margarine – sam-na or zib-da
- 2 medium size onions, chopped – ba-sal
- salt and pepper – malh and fil-fil
- Heat the oven to 200C.
- Rinse all the vegetables well. Keep the zucchini to the side and mix the other in a big bowl.
- Add ghee, onion, tomato juice, salt and pepper and the mixed vegetables to a baking dish.
- Add the broth to the vegetable mix and cover the dish with aluminium foil. Place the baking dish in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Add the zucchini to the torli after 10 minutes.
- Remove the foil after 30 minutes and add more water if the mixture has become dry. Add some extra salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve the torli in the baking dish or deep serving dish with white rice on the side.
- Any of the mentioned vegetables can be excluded from the torli if desired, and others can be added depending on taste and seasonal availability.
- Meat can be added to the torli if desired. Cut the meat into small cubes and boil separately until semi-tender. Add to the torli together with the broth and prepare as normal.
- A quartered chicken can be added to the torli immediately with the broth.