. 1 tablespoon butter
. 2 cloves garlic, minced
. 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
. 1 cup chicken broth, divided
. 1 cup heavy cream
. 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
. Salt and pepper to taste
. 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
. 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
. 8 ounces dry fettuccini pasta
1. In a large saucepan over low heat, melt butter; add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes and 3/4 cup of the chicken broth; increase to medium heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes or until the tomatoes are tender. Add the cream and bring to a boil; stirring. Simmer over medium heat until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
2. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. In a large skillet over medium heat, warm oil and sauté chicken. Cook for about 4 minutes per side or until the meat feels springy and is no longer pink inside. Transfer to a board; cover and keep warm. Discard the fat from the skillet.
3. In the same skillet, over medium heat, bring 1/4 cup chicken broth to a boil; stirring the pan juices. Reduce slightly and add to the cream sauce; stir in basil and adjust seasonings to taste.
4. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add fettuccine and cook for 8 to 10 minutes; drain, transfer to a bowl and toss with 3 to 4 tablespoons of the sauce.
5. Cut each chicken breast into 2 to 3 diagonal slices. Reheat the sauce gently if needed. Transfer the pasta to serving plates; top with chicken and coat with the cream sauce; serve.
. 3 tablespoons butter, melted
. 1 onion, chopped
. 1 chicken stock cubes, dissolved in 1 cup water
. 3 cups milk
. ½ kg cheddar cheese, shredded
. 3 tablespoons flour
. Salt and white pepper to taste
1. In a medium pan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes until yellow. Add flour and stir.
2. Add chicken broth and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is slightly thickened. Add milk and leave to boil, stirring constantly.
3. Pour mixture into blender. Cover and blend at medium speed for 30 seconds until smooth. Put it back in the pan and heat until just boiling.
4. Remove from heat, add cheese and stir with a slotted spoon until cheese melts. If cheese doesn t melt completely, put over very low heat for about 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add salt and white pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Tip: The soup doesn t taste good if left to cool and then reheated before serving.
Chicken and Potato Salad
. 1 kg potatoes
. 1 whole chicken, boiled
. 2 tablespoons corn oil
. ½ cup sour cream or yoghurt
. 1/3 cup mayonnaise
. 2 tablespoons mustard
. 1/4cup chives, fresh, finely chopped
. Salt and pepper to taste
. 2 tablespoons capers
1. Cut each potato in half. In a large baking pan mix potatoes with oil. Season with salt and pepper then place into oven and bake in high heat for 20-25 minutes. Remove and set aside. You can peel potatoes or leave them unpeeled.
2. Remove skin and bones from chicken then cut into bite size pieces. Set aside
3. In large bowl mix mayonnaise, mustard, sour cream and chives and little salt and pepper then add chicken and potatoes sprinkle. Stir to mix well. Capers on top. Serve warm.
All recipes from www.allrecipes.com and www.wasfasahla.com.