- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons cornflour/cornstarch
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- Juice of 5 lemons, zest of 1.
- To make the lemon cream base, mix the lemon juice with 1 tablespoon cornstarch and 1 tablespoon sugar and wait till it thickens over heat then remove. – -Refrigerate in the serving bowl you will use for approx half an hour to hold.
- Boil half the cup of milk over medium heat, and stir the corn flour in the other half outside.
- Start adding the corn flour mixture to the milk over heat gradually, stirring frequently with whisk so it doesn’t clump.
- When it’s done remove from heat and pour over cold lemon cream base and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Grate lemon zest on top before serving.