By Salma Abdullah
Ahmed El-Boraie, secretary of the National Salvation Front claimed that the presidency has started to offer them concessions.
El-Boraie said that the presidency has contacted directly and indirectly the National Salvation Front and wanted to negotiate with them but they refused. “There is no longer room for negotiation with the Muslim Brotherhood, we will join the street on 30 June,” El- Boraie said.
He mentioned that the president started to fulfill some of their demands while trying to deal with 30 June protests like the reshuffling of the governors but El-Boraie thinks these efforts are too late; “we have been having these demands for over a year. Our main demand now is early presidential elections,” El-Boraie added.
The presidency didn’t address the issue.
Mourad Ali, Freedom and Justice party spokesperson denied it and said, “It’s a rumor. The presidency didn’t offer any concessions.”
He asserted that they are not against holding dialogues with the opposition groups but it is them who always reject the invitation. “The opposition follows an exclusion policy with whoever doesn’t agree with their ideas.”
Ali said, referring to the Tamarod campaign held by the opposition, “If they really have 15 million supporters as they claim, then why don’t they participate in the upcoming parliamentary elections and win it instead of dragging the country to chaos?”
Earlier this week, opposition leaders have rejected President Mohamed Morsi’s invitation to national dialogue saying it’s too late for unity talks. While President Morsi, for his part, rejected the calls for early presidential elections, stating on Friday that such “absurd” calls violate the constitution.