Mr. Abdel Raouf Kotb, President of the Insurance Federation of Egypt, has explained that due to the event’s national importance, and Cairo’s status as a destination for the international insurance industry during the event, the Prime Minister of Egypt agreed to hold the conference under his patronage. The number of participants in the conference has so far reached more than 600, hailing from over 60 countries in Africa, the Far East, Europe and the Arab world.
The conference will discuss four issues of importance to the African insurance industry:
– Challenges of the reinsurance industry in African countries
– Health insurance requirements in African countries
– Investment portfolio management in African countries
– Modern applications in the field of insurance, and alternative and renewable energy
These issues will be addressed by a group of insurance experts representing international organizations and insurance companies, as listed:
– Mr. Basel El Hini, Vice Chairman – Misr Insurance Holding Company (MIHC),
– Mr. Matthias Hedinger, Principal Investment Officer, International Finance Corporation (IFC), New York, USA,
– Dr. Serge Felix Hazoume, Health Director and Medical Insurance Advisor at NSIA – Benin,
– Mr. Jean Baptiste Kouame, Managing Director, CICA Re – Togo,
– Mr. Albert Nduna, Group Chief Executive of ZimRe Group,
– Mr. Mohammed Akoob,Managing Director – Hannover ReTakaful Bahrain,
– Mr. Corneille Karekezi,Group Managing Director / Chief Executive Officer of African Reinsurance Corporation (AFRICA RE), and
– Mr. Ernest Rauch,Head of the Munich Re Corporate Climate Centre.