By: Nasser Azzazi
President Mohamed Morsi has decided to double investment budgetary plans in North Sinai from EGP 51m to EGP 101m, beginning on 1 July, according to a statement made by North Sinai Governor Abdel Fattah Harhour
“The percentage of work executed in the investment budget plan is 45% so far, and I urge all officials to continue pursuing projects affiliated to it as this is what the people of North Sinai demanded,” the governor said during the sixth meeting of the executive board of the governorate.
Harhour revealed results of the employment competition for a total of 1,800 jobs in the education ministry and the general authority of government services.
“We requested the Egyptian prime minister provide 7,000 new job opportunities for the youths to eradicate unemployment, and to simplify procedures necessary to obtain loans from the Social Fund for Development (SFD).”
He added that the United Stated Agency for International Development (USAID) has granted North Sinai EGP 50m earmarked for funding several projects. Projects include a fishing port in Al-Arish area, seven water stations, an industrial food producing area and redeveloping Al-Nakhl hospital in Sinai.
Harhour said that the projects would be launched on the national day of North Sinai, April 25.