Attention to detail and a keen understanding of current events are a must.
Applicants must be native English speakers with an advanced level of professional competency in the print media. They must have a strong command of English grammar, with a background in news reporting. Applicants should have two to four years of print publishing experience, editing content and improving reporting.
The copy editor will work in a deadline-driven environment, focusing on improving the content and the style of news reports and opinion pieces. The copy editor will also give constructive feedback to writers, helping them to improve their style.
Position starts on 1 July and will be full time for a three month probationary period, to be revisited for a longer period of work.
Please send your CV and cover letter to: [email protected]
Politics Editor at the Daily News Egypt
Daily News Egypt is currently accepting applications for the position of Politic Editor.
Candidates must have previous experience in journalism and in-depth knowledge of Egypt’s political, economic, and social affairs. A nuanced understanding of regional and global developments is also a must.
Excellent writing skills and fluency in English are required. Arabic as a mother-tongue is preferred.
Candidates must be able to manage a busy newsroom and follow strict deadlines in a high pressure environment.
Please email your CV with the words (Politics Editor) in the subject to: [email protected]
About the Job
We are looking for a graphic designer that responsible for creating design solutions that have a high visual impact, for photo processing, info graphics, printings, presentation layout, logos, web design, video edits, and creating graphics for animation videos
- Create designs, concepts, and sample layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and aesthetic design concepts
- Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, and select style and size of type.
- Use computer software to generate new images.
- Mark up, paste, and assemble final layouts to prepare layouts for printer.
- Draw and print charts, graphs, illustrations, and other artwork, using computer.
- Review final layouts and suggest improvements as needed.
- Prepare illustrations or rough sketches of material, discussing them with clients and/or supervisors and making necessary changes.
- Study illustrations and photographs to plan presentation of materials, products, or services.
- Implement artwork and designs for social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and others.
- Prepare notes and instructions for workers who assemble and prepare final layouts for printing.
- Develop negatives and prints to produce layout photographs, using negative and print developing equipment and tools.
- Produce still and animated graphics for on-air and taped portions of video news broadcasts, using electronic video equipment
- Estimating the time required to complete projects
- Knowledge inDesign websites and interfaces for applicationsis a plus
- Time management
- Task oriented
- Multitasking and prioritization
- Attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of Photoshop
- Strong knowledge of illustrator
- Flash is a plus
- Html, CSS, Java Script is a plus
Please email included your portfolio and CV with the word (Graphic designer) in the subject to: [email protected]