Daily News Egypt

11 killed in attack on North Sinai security convoy - Daily News Egypt

Advertising Area

Advertising Area




11 killed in attack on North Sinai security convoy

Landmine planted on Rafah-Sheikh Zuweid Road, perpetrators unknown


An attack on a security convoy in North Sinai killed 11 personnel after it hit a landmine, said Ministry of Interior spokesman Hany Abdel Latif.

The perpetrators of the attack, which took place on the Rafah-Sheikh Zuweid Road, are as yet unknown but an investigation into the incident has begun added the spokesman.

Among the dead were one officer and ten conscripts said a Ministry of Interior statement.

The Sinai Peninsula has seen a rise in militancy in the last year. The armed forces and ministry of interior are involved in an ongoing operation to combat militants in the volatile region.

Three militants were killed on Monday during clashes with the armed forces in Sheikh Zuweid city on Monday, reported state-run news agency MENA. Two tunnels used for smuggling goods into the Gaza Strip were also destroyed.

Advertising Area




http://www.dailynewsegypt.com/2014/09/02/11-killed-attack-north-sinai-security-convoy/
Breaking News

No current breaking news

Daily News Egypt Android App Available for free download on Google play
View
Daily News Egypt Ios App Available for free download on APP Store
View