1 chicken breast, no bones and skin – so-door fe-rakh
1 cup cornflakes, crushed – corn flaks
1/2 cup flour – de-‘ee’
1 egg, beaten – beid
salt and pepper – malh and fel-fel
1 teaspoon paprika – pa-pree-ka
1 tub yoghurt or 1 cup milk – za-ba-dy
1 tbsp of onion powder – bo-dret ba-sal
1 tbsp of garlic powder – bo-dret tom
3 cups vegetable oil, for frying – zeit na-ba-ty
- Wash chicken well and cut into strips. Put in a bowl with the yoghurt or milk, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge, preferably overnight.
- Place the cornflakes in a bowl and crush them. Season with the paprika, salt and pepper.
- Beat the egg in a bowl and place the flour on a plate. Dip chicken strips first in the flour and then in the egg, coating them well. Dip the chicken strips in the corn flakes, pressing the crushed corn flakes in the chicken and make sure they are completely covered.
- Heat the oil over high heat in a deep skillet. Deep-fry the chicken strips until golden and crispy. Drain on kitchen paper.
- It is easy to crush cornflakes by placing them in a bag and hitting them with something heavy
- Instead of as a snack you can serve the crunchy chicken with a salad and fried potatoes as a complete meal.