- ½ kg chicken breast without skin, cut into pieces – so-door fe-rakh
- 2/3 cup cashew nuts, unsalted – ka-shyoo
- ¼ kg fresh broccoli – bro-ko-ly
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced – fel-fel ah-mar
- 1 medium onion, finely sliced – ba-sal
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil – zeit
Ingredients for the sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce –so-ya sauce
2 teaspoons vinegar – khal
juice of 1 small orange – a-seer bor-too-an
1 teaspoon brown sugar – sok-kar bon-ni
2 teaspoons corn flour – corn flour
- Add all the ingredients of the sauce together in a bowl and mix well until the corn flour is dissolved.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a non-stick pan and sauté the cashews until light brown. Remove and set aside in a bowl.
- In the same pan, stir-fry the onions over a high heat until tender and golden. Remove from heat and add the onions to the bowl containing the cashews.
- Stir fry the chicken breasts in the same pan for a few minutes until they change color. Add the broccoli and the red pepper. Cook until vegetables are soft but still crisp.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and vegetables and stir for a few minutes until it thickens. Add the onions and cashews and stir for a minute before turning off the heat.
- Serve warm with white rice.