- 1/2 kg minced lamb meat – lah-ma maf-roo-ma
- 1 clove garlic, chopped – tom
- 1 tablespoon cumin – koo-min
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder – bod-ret koz-ba-ra
- 1 teaspoon sumac – so-maq
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped – ba’-doo-nis
- ¼ cup fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped – koz-ba-ra
- olive oil – zeit za-toon
- salt and pepper – malh and fel-fel
- 1/2 loaf bread, wetted – ay-eesh
- Place the minced meat in a bowl and add the garlic, cumin, coriander, sumac, salt and pepper, parsley and fresh coriander and the bread.
- Mix the ingredients together until the spices are evenly distributed throughout the mince.
- Leave to marinate for half an hour. Shape the meat into medium-sized sausages around a skewer.
- Drizzle olive oil over the shaped sausages and rub gently into the meat.
- Season the kofta with salt and grill on the BBQ, or in hot pan with a little oil, for approximately five to eight minutes or until the meat is golden brown.
- Serve immediately with fried potatoes and tehina salad