Home
Loading...
You are here:  Home  >  Politics  >  Egypt  >  Current Article

American banned for rant against Egypt

  /   1 Comment   /   969 Views

Row comes as a shock to Egyptians working at consulate

An American woman has been banned from entering Egypt after verbally attacking a visa agent at the Egyptian consulate in Aqaba, Jordan and insulting Egypt.

The Foreign Ministry took the move after a report from the consulate last week that the woman yelled expletives and insulted Egypt.

“Our operating procedure is to report to Cairo,” said a diplomatic source working Wednesday at the consulate. “When she yelled that, we thought it was unacceptable.”

The woman was accompanying her husband, who is a Libyan citizen, and she wanted him to receive a visa immediately. Egypt does grant visas to Libyans, but the procedure in Jordan is to send the application to the central office in Cairo who will then reply. The woman said she wanted the visa the same day and was enraged when informed this was not possible.

“She began shouting in the visa office,” said the source in Aqaba, “The husband was actually not banned. He repeatedly apologised to the visa officer in charge and was trying to calm her down.”

A free-travel zone, allowing citizens and tourists to move freely between Egypt, Libya and Tunisia, was settled upon by the foreign ministers of the three North African countries in the June signing of the Cairo Declaration. However, Jordan was not included in this agreement.

  • sylvia

    Bill Clinton ‘Urging’ Hillary to Release Benghazi Documents That Would ‘Exonerate’ Her, Destroy Obama’s Re-Election Hopes
    Secretary of State Hillary Clinton ordered additional security for the U.S. mission in Benghazi ahead of the terrorist attack but the orders were never carried out, according to “legal counsel” to Clinton who spoke to best-selling author Ed Klein.
    Those same sources also say former President Bill Clinton has been “urging” his wife to release official State Department documents that prove she called for additional security at the compound in Libya, which would almost certainly result in President Obama losing the election.
    Appearing on TheBlazeTV’s “Wilkow!” on Wednesday night, Klein told host Andrew Wilkow that Bill and Hillary Clinton have been having “big fights” for “two or three weeks” about the issue, according to his two sources on Clinton’s legal counsel.
    While Bill Clinton wishes his wife would “exonerate” herself by releasing the documents that show she wasn’t at fault for the tragic security failure in Libya, the secretary of state refuses to do so because she doesn’t want to be viewed as a traitor to the Democratic party.
    On Glenn Beck’s radio show earlier on Wednesday, Klein said his information comes from two “very good” sources.
    Wilkow pointed out the obvious, that the Obamas and the Clintons have a “very behind the scenes, tense relationship” — to put it lightly.
    “I said to you last night, and I think I stand corrected, that it seemed like Obama out-Clintoned the Clintons,” Wilkow said. “But Clinton seems to have gone along with all of this because he knew that Hillary would be exonerated in the end.”
    He then asked Klein whether he thought Clinton would resign over the Libya scandal and expose the truth.
    “No,” the author said immediately. “I can’t imagine that she would resign. It would bring down the entire administration. [Obama] would lose the election and she would be essentially blamed by the left-wing base of the party.”
    “She will not be tarred with the blame for bringing down this administration,” Klein added.
    In an exclusive interview with TheBlaze, Klein confirmed that Bill and Hillary Clinton have been engaging in “heated discussions” where the former president has urged his wife to “release the documents that would exonerate her.”
    He reiterated that Clinton has refused to do so because she fears she would look like a “Judas,” or a traitor, in the administration and it might hurt her chances for a presidential nomination in 2016.
    If the claims turn out to be true and Clinton did suggest more security be sent to Benghazi, it is appropriate to ask: why didn’t it happen?
    Klein said Clinton’s request for beefed up security would have to go through CIA special ops and or the Pentagon.
    “But none of that would happen with the National Security advisor to the president of the United States Tom Donnellan going to the president and saying, ‘We want to send reinforcements to Libya because our ambassador is in jeopardy,’” Klein explained.
    Ultimately, he indicated the ultimate authority would have been President Obama.
    Wilkow and Klein also discussed what role Obama’s closest advisor, Valerie Jarrett, played in the Benghazi cover-up.
    By Obama’s own admission, Klein said, the president never makes a big decision without first consulting with Jarrett.
    “We have to assume that Valerie Jarrett, who is also by the way hooked into the Chicago campaign…that she was part of this cover-up in the White House.”
    He continued: “The CIA got cables, the Department of Defense got cables, the NSA got cables during the attack on Benghazi, in addition to the emails that have since been made public. We know that there are cables that we haven’t seen yet, confirming the State Department cables that this was an al-Qaeda linked attack.”
    These new revelations, following Tuesday night’s explosive report that 300 to 400 national security officials received emails detailing the Benghazi terrorist attack as it was happening, raise fresh questions about the truth behind the Benghazi attack.
    The emails revealed that the Libyan radical Islamic group Ansar al-Sharia claimed responsibility for the attack just two hours after it began. White House officials told CBS News that an unmanned Predator drone was sent over the U.S. mission in Libya, providing Washington with a live feed to the chaos that unfolded.


You might also like...

Security forces disperse student protest at Al-Azhar University: SAC

Read More →