The menu today is low-fat and low-calorie
- Drink: Mixed juice – Mango, strawberry and banana
- Salad: Tehina
- Main Course: Calamari in the oven – Fried fish – Brown rice(fish rice)
- Dessert: Om Ali
Calamari in the oven
- 1/2 bunch parsley or coriander, chopped – bar-doon-is or koz-ba-ra
- 1 tsp mixed fish spices or cumin – bo-ha-rat sa-makor ka-moon
- 2 tbsp dill, chopped – sah-bat
- 1 kg calamari – ka-la-ma-ri
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed – toom
- 1 cup tomato juice – aseer ta-ma-tam
- 1 green chili pepper – arn fil-fil akh-dar
- 1 large onion, sliced – ba-sal
- 1 medium green pepper, diced – fil-fil akh-dar
- 1 medium tomato, diced – ta-ma-tam
- salt and pepper – malh and fil-fil
- Clean and wash the calamari. Cut into thin squares. Cut chili pepper into small pieces.
- Put the calamari, onion, pepper, chili pepper, tomatoes, garlic, parsley, dill and tomato juice in a casserole and season with fish spices, salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Heat oven to 200C. Cover the casserole with aluminium foil and put in oven for 15 minutes or until calamari is tender. Remove foil and cook for another 5 minutes.
Different kinds of fish, cut into squares, can be added together with the calamari if so desired.