- Drink: sobia
- Appetiser: mombar
- Main course: rice with sha’areya
- potatoes with chicken
- zucchini with meat and chickpeas
- Dessert : cheese cake
Zucchini with meat and chickpeas
- 1 kg zucchini, cut lengthwise into 3/4 cm thin slices – koo-sa
- ½ kg meat, beef or veal, cut into medium cubes – lah-ma or bi-ti-lo
- ½ cup chickpeas, small size for cooking – hom-mos
- 1 green pepper – medium size, sliced – fil-fil akh-dar
- 1 onion, medium to large size, sliced – ba-sal
- 2 tbsp tomato paste – sal-sa ta-ma-tam
- 4 tbsp corn oil – zeit dor-a
- 2 tomatoes, medium size, sliced – ta-ma-tam
- salt and pepper – malh and fil-fil
- Soak the chickpeas in water overnight. Heat water in a medium pan and boil the chickpeas in water until just tender. Drain and rinse well.
- In a medium pan heat water and boil the meat cubes until the meat is just starting to be tender.
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a non-stick pan. Add the onion and stir until yellow. Add the meat cubes, tomatoes, green peppers, boiled hommos, tomato paste, salt and pepper. Shake the pan to mix ingredients well.
- Add 3/4 cup of water and leave to boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Take 1/2 cup of the sauce and set aside.
- Arrange ¾ of the zucchini slices over mixture in pan. Add the 1/2 cup sauce and arrange the remaining zucchini slices on top of the sauce. If there is too little sauce, add 1/4 cup water.
- Return to medium heat and bring to boil. Cover the pan, reduce heat and leave to cook for 25-35 minutes or until zucchini is tender and little sauce is left.
- Put a serving platter on top of the pan. Invert the pan so the content of the pan keeps its shape on the serving dish. Remove the pan and serve straight away.